Due to numerous requests, the application portal will remain open till May 31st or till we no longer have open slots we can accommodate! Apply EARLY to attend the inaugural 2019 Fluids and Health meeting, with The Fluid Dynamics of Disease Transmission as this year's theme, to be held in Cargèse, Corsica, France, July 23 - August 2, 2019.
This school-conference provides the selected participants an international forum to exchange on frontier research and discuss challenges in health, including infectious diseases, food safety, drug delivery, agricultural and food sciences and policy, where fluid dynamics is at the core. The event is a hybrid between a conference and school, with in-depth lectures for training on topics at the frontier of the field, combined with flash-talks and poster sessions for selected participants, and interdisciplinary group work taking place throughout the meeting. To learn more about the meeting visit here.
The conference has limited size and is selection-based.
Logistics and practical scheduling information:
- Upon selection, the applicant will be invited to register.
- Registration fee is US$900 (early bird).
- This registration fee includes (for 10 days and 12 nights): Access and participation to the lectures; Group working sessions; Welcome reception; BBQ dinner; Award ceremony for students and junior researchers; Shuttle to and from airport (selected times); Housing (12 nights); Lunches; Coffee breaks; Access to internet. Depending on volume of registration, it might also cover, in full or in part, outdoor activities (guided hiking tour, historical site tour, or boat tour).
- Airport shuttle pick ups and check-in at the Institute scheduled on Monday July 22nd.
- First night of housing is Monday July 22nd.
- Last night of housing included in the registration fee is Friday August 2nd, with departures and airport shuttles scheduled for the morning of Saturday August 3rd.